DEPARTMENT: Native American Program
DEFINITION/PURPOSE: The priorities of the Director of the Native American Program (NAP) are to guide a dynamic program and to provide direction, leadership, and consultation in the educational, social, cultural, and personal development of Native American students at Dartmouth College. These priorities are accomplished through: 1) Program Vision, Development, Implementation and Evaluation 2) Student Advising and Mentoring 3) Community Advocacy and Engagement, and 4) Budget Administration.
- Program Administration
- Advising and Mentoring
- Community Advocacy, Engagement and Collaboration
- Budget Administration
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in multicultural and social justice education and leadership development, preferred.
- Five years of relevant work experience in counseling, advising and mentoring Native students in college/university setting.
- Demonstrated experience in student leadership development.
- Background in developing and managing integrated support services for under-represented communities.
- Successful experience in identifying and evaluating student academic performance trends and in developing programs promoting student retention and success.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a respectful and collaborative manner with others.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing data for planning and evaluation of programs and services.
- Crisis management and/or on-call experience.
CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER: